Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another delicious recipe from Taste of Home magazine.... Note: The "cooking" time is actually the time needed for freezing the pie.
- 354.88 ml chocolate wafer crumbs
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 473.19 ml best quality vanilla ice cream, softened
- 118.29 ml crushed malted milk balls (such as Whoppers or Maltesers)
- 29.58 ml milk, divided
- 44.37 ml instant malted chocolate milk powder
- 44.37 ml marshmallow creme (such as Marshmallow Fluff)
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- whipped cream and additional malted milk balls, for garnish
- Combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into an ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Freeze until set. Combine the ice cream, crushed malted milk balls and 1 tablespoon milk; spoon into crust. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the malted milk powder, marshmallow creme and remaining milk. Add the cream; whip until soft peaks form. Spread over the ice cream layer. Freeze pie for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls.