Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a cake that's a party just waiting to happen!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 cups malted milk balls, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate fudge topping
- additional malted milk balls, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 9x3 or 10x2 3/4 inches, with shortening; lightly flour. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until well blended. Immediately pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread 1 cup fudge topping over cake; freeze about 1 hour or until topping is firm. In large bowl, mix ice cream and coarsely chopped candies; spread over cake. Freeze about 4 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Remove side of pan; place cake on serving plate. Top with whipped cream. Melt 1/4 cup fudge topping; drizzle over whipped cream. Garnish with additional candies.
Subbed caramel topping with the chocolate topping and loved the frostiness because my temperature elevates with the intensity of my personal power surges.
Goodgawdamighty! This takes a little bit of effort, but this cake is to die for!! Made it for my little brother's birthday and he now thinks I'm a WORLD CLASS baker!! Thank you SO much for this recipe. It will be a favorite with us for YEARS to come!!