2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a to-die-for experience. If you like chocolate and ice cream and malt, you are going to be in dessert heaven. I got this from a Pillsbury cake box. I have been making it for many years, mostly from requests from family and friends. It's a great cake for birthdays and special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup instant malted milk powder
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 2 13X9 inch pans*.
- 3In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minute at highest speed.
- 4Pour half of batter into each prepared pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 14-17 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- 6Cool 15 min.; remove 1 cake from pan onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- 7To prepare topping, in med-size heavy saucepan, combine powdered sugar, margarine, evaporated milk and chocolate chips.
- 8Cook over med-low heat until mixture comes to a boil; stirring occasionally; cook 8 minute stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool 1 hour without stirring.
- 10Note: Time does not include freezing or cooling.
- 11To assemble cake, in large bowl combine malted milk powder and ice cream; spread over cooled cake in pan. Place remaining cake layer over ice cream. Spread fudge topping over top. Cover; freeze. At serving time, thaw slightly, cut into squares. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream or topping and a cherry.
- 12* Cake can be prepared with one 13X9 inch pan. Using half of batter, bake 1 layer; remove from pan. Clean pan; grease; grease and flour. Bake second layer using remaining half of batter. Cool layer in pan.
- 13Note: High altitude--above 3500 feet- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minute.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.7
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 432.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g