Buster's friend's Note:
Found this gem in The Seattle Times. Keeping because I have just enough Ovaltine to try these out. Have some friends coming in tomorrow to serve as tasters. Note the recipe calls for a 2 hour (preferably overnight) refrigeration of the dough not included in the prep time... Update - made these tonight & they are sooooo good! I rolled them into balls, coated in the Ovaltine & chilled them on the greased baking sheet until my oven came to temp. Next time I'll let them sit at room temp because they didn't spread very much. Taste? Like amazing dark rich little rich brownie bites - we served them with fresh whipped cream... soooo good! Like chocolate? Make them! BUT DO NOT Overcook them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate and butter on high in 15 second bursts, stirring between, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 2Sift the flour, baking powder, salt & 1/2 cup of the malted milk powder.
- 3In a medium bowl use an electric mixer to beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the cooled chocolate mixture to the eggs and mix until smooth.
- 4Add the sifted dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly, then refrigerate the dough, covered in the bowl, for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- 5When ready to bake, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 6Place the remaining 1 cup of malted milk powder in a bowl. Roll the dough into tablespoon size balls, then roll in the malted milk powder and arrange 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- 7Bake for 12 minutes, or until puffed and the tops start to crack slightly. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining dough, allowing the baking sheet to cool between batches.
- 8Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Malt Crinkles
Serving Size: 1 (1218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 56.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g