Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These spelt-flour muffins get tons of chocolatey goodness from cocoa, cookie bits and a chopped malt chocolate bar! A combination of coffee, milk and sweetened condensed milk add to the decadence!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid stevia extract
- 1⁄3 cup brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 triple chocolate cookies, crumbled (I used Mrs. Fields)
- 1 (35 g) Maltesers, teasers bar chopped
- Heat the oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, molasses, both milks, vinegar, stevia and coffee until well combined.
- Add the cocoa and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda, whisking to combine (batter will be runny).
- Add the cookie and chocolate bar pieces, stirring inches.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Immediately turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.