Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe from the Dec/Jan 2k1 issue of Taste of Home. So easy and great fun for the whole family! To remove the marshmallow creme from the jar I use a rubber spatula & the fluff just sticks to it. Otherwise microwaving it for a few seconds at a time might make it release easier.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounce)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pineapple or banana, cut into chunks
- apple, sliced
- marshmallows, cubed
- angel food cake or poundcake
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the first five ingredients just until melted.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm.
- Serve with fruits and/or cake pieces.
I made this for work today and was quite pleased. Easy to fix in the morning then reheat in the fondue pot at lunch time. Just keep it in the refrigerator until needed so you could even do it the day before. I used a light spray of cooking oil on my spatula to make getting the fluff out of the jar. I will definitely make it again!
This tasted a lot like melted fudge! Yum... I forgot to add the milk, but I think it was better that way. Very thick and delicious and stuck very well to anything I dipped into it.
I made this for a dinner at our house prior to a Valentine's Day Father/Daughter Dance. Our guests loved it! I made it on the stove and poured it into our mini crockpot, then kept it warm in there. My first time making fondue and it was a big hit! Served it with strawberries, pineapple, marshmallows and pretzels. Will make again!