Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from my Grandma, she would always cook it for us on weekends. We loved it!
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded coconut (2 pack.) (optional)
- 1 cup nuts (or more) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put chocolate, milk, and salt in top of double boiler.
- Cook about 10 minutes.
- Until thick (stir occasionaly) Remove from heat, mix in coconut, vanilla and nuts.
- Put spoonfuls of mix onto greased sheet 1 1/2- 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10+ minutes or until desired firmness.
- (My kids liked them chewy!).
These were very easy to make. They came out as sort of chewy chocolate coconut hazelnut balls. They are very sweet, which wouldn't have been a problem when I was 15. After a lot of calculations I found that my 150 g tube of condensed milk would make 1/3 of this recipe, and proceeded from there. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us.