Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Yummy flavor combination...one of my "old recipe box" recipes :)
Top Review by Chicagopm
I just made these for the cookie trays. Although I'm not a coconut fan, the recipients of the trays are big fans of coconut. These were very easy to make. I used about 1/2 to 3/4 of a 14 ounce bag of coconut. They have a nice glossy appearance and I think that they were good (the chocolate sort of hides the coconut taste). :) Thank you for this easy and quick recipe!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Generously grease two large cookie sheets.
- In top of double boiler, combine condensed milk, chocolate and salt.
- Cook over hot, not boiling, water, stirring frequently until chocolate melts and mixture thickens (about 12-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, then coconut and nuts and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful, one inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove at once to a piece of waxed paper.