Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy flavor combination...one of my "old recipe box" recipes :)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Generously grease two large cookie sheets.
- In top of double boiler, combine condensed milk, chocolate and salt.
- Cook over hot, not boiling, water, stirring frequently until chocolate melts and mixture thickens (about 12-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, then coconut and nuts and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful, one inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove at once to a piece of waxed paper.
I just made these for the cookie trays. Although I'm not a coconut fan, the recipients of the trays are big fans of coconut. These were very easy to make. I used about 1/2 to 3/4 of a 14 ounce bag of coconut. They have a nice glossy appearance and I think that they were good (the chocolate sort of hides the coconut taste). :) Thank you for this easy and quick recipe!
I tried this recipe once before but made a few changes this time. The last time I made them I didn't like the way they baked flat like a cookie. This time I didn't cook the macaroons right away. Instead I put them in the fridge for a few hour to let them set. Once they where cold it was much easier to get them into the rounded shape I wanted. I baked them for about 8 min and they kept their shape perfectly. I also used semi sweet chocolate instead of unsweetened, and 100g of chopped pecans. They tasted great they where light, fluffy and moist.