Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
This recipe comes from the California Kosher cookbook by the Women's League of Adat Ari El Synagogue in North Hollywood, Ca. Instead of having a macaroon dipped in chocolate, this one is chocolate all the way through! These are super easy and quick to make!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece, melted and cooled
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
- Line one or more cookie sheets with foil; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites, vanilla and salt with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time while beating about e minutes on high speed or until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in melted chocolate; fold in coconut.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 13 minutes. Cool cookies completely on cookie sheet.
- Carefully peel cookies off foil.