Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are wonderful- they remind me of a Mounds candy bar! Originally from a December 1978 Bon Apetite magazine.
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (2 squares)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon strongly brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil baking sheet.
- Combine milk and chocolate in top of double boiler;place over boiling water on high heat and stir constantly until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared sheet and bake about 10 minutes, or until bottoms are set.
- Watch carefully since they can burn easily. Do not overbake;macaroons should have a soft, chewy texture.
- Transfer to waxed paper-lined rack to cool completely.