Recipe by Karen=^..^=
It's 2, 2, 2 desserts in 1! These are delicious chocolate muffins with an awsome coconut macaroon filling. These are quick and easy.
Top Review by Meringue
These were good, although I found the muffin a little dry. It was tasty though. I think I'll use fresher coconut next time, and a little bit more condensed milk. Glad that it wasn't too sweet. I included a handful of semi sweet chocolate chips for some added yum. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Filling: Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Muffins: Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in center.
- Combine egg, milk and oil and pour into well.
- Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins, filling 1/3 full.
- Spoon 2 tsp of filling into center of each muffin cup.
- Spoon remaining batter over tops, filling each until they are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.