Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 22 mins
What can be better then chocolate and coconut? This muffin makes a wonderful breakfast when you are looking for something a bit sinful, it also makes a wonderful snack or dessert.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Combine milk, egg and oil; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Combine 1 cup coconut, condensed milk and extract; place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each cup (do not spread).
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
I loved these muffins. I enjoyed the flavor and think they would be a great afternoon treat or a light dessert. The recipe made 12 perfectly sized muffins. I ate one and gave the other 11 to a neighbor who needs some help with meals for a bit. I love the hint of almond extract in the muffin itself and the texture is nice and soft. Baked perfectly in 22 minutes in my oven. Used a large scoop for the batter and a tiny scoop for the filling. Worked perfectly having two scoops handy. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs event June 2008.