By request, have not tried, but they sound luscious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2Melt chocolate and shortening together in large saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in sugar, salt,vanilla and eggs.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- 7Spread half of batter evenly in greased 13x9 cake pan.
- 8Mix filling ingredients together thoroughly.
- 9Spread evenly over chocolate batter.
- 10Carefully cover with remaining chocolate batter.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chips.
- 13Let stand about 1 minute to soften, spread evenly to cover.
- 14Sprinkle with almonds, pressing in lightly.
- 15Chill to set chocolate before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Macaroon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2033 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 44.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g