Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a slice that my guests kept sneaking back for, it is absolutely delicious. It's got macadamis, toasted which are FAB, caramel and and chocolate and...OK, it's not low fat but it's so rich that you don't need to eat a lot to feel satisfied. That's dieting too right? I couldn't find un-iced chocolate biscuits and substituted successfully with honey flavoured Tiny Teddies.
- 200 g of plain un-iced chocolate biscuits, crushed finely
- 185 g butter
- 2 (395 g) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 150 g macadamias, toasted, chopped coarsely
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted (eating chocolate)
- 50 g butter, melted, extra
- Grease 20cm x 30cm lamington pan: line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in medium bowl, press over base of prepared pan. Cover, refrigerate until firm.
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in medium bowl; press over base of prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Combine condensed milk, butter and syrup in medium saucepan; whisk over heat until butter melts. Simmer, whisking constantly, about 8 minutes or until mixture thickens and is dark golden brown. Stir in nuts; spread over crumb layer. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Spread combined chocolate and extra butter over caramel layer; refrigerate until set.