Recipe by dojemi
The only way you could possibly improve Creme Brulee is to add a little bit of chocolate and macadamia nuts This is the brulee to end all brulees. From Chef Daniel Bruce. The Zaar computer is not recognizing some of the instructions so.....the 1st 4 ingredients are for the custard. The next 6 ingredients are for the chocolate mixture. The last 2 ingredients are for the topping.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla beans)
- 3⁄4 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- CUSTARD: Beat together the ingredients, strain and reserve.
- CHOCOLATE MIXTURE: Heat cream to boil, remove and stir in remaining ingredients, keep warm.
- BRULEE TOPPING: Mix together and reserve.
- FINAL PROCEDURE: Preheat oven to 300°F Place Chocolate mix evenly into the bottom of four flat ramequins.
- Slowly pour custard mix over each mold and place onto cookie sheet pan with 1/4 inch water on bottom of pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour until set. Remove and cool.
- To serve, sprinkle sugar evenly over cooked custard and glaze under broiler or touch to burn sugar, warm slightly and serve.