Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was in a TOH cokbook, and we really liked it.
- 10 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 12 caramels
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- In a large bowl; cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add egg.
- Mix together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons on greased sheets.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Melt caramels and cream.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.
I loved these, I did though make a few changes, I cut the sugar buy not quite a third-didnt glaze them, used walnuts instead of maccas, added some spice-cinnamon and a pinch of cayene which gave a lovely pleaseant after warmth!
Scumpdidumptious!!! I made these cookies this year to go with our favorites and I know they will be eaten up fast! I enjoyed every bite of the 3 I had. Gotta save some for the others, or I would have had more :)
What better way to use Macadamia's then with one of my favorite cookies the Chocolate Chip. These are so delicious!!! I like them with the white chocolate ok, but since I like milk chocolate so much better, these were perfect! I am making them for the holiday tins this year to give to family, friends, co-workers and neighbors. They will enjoy these!