Recipe by MizzNezz
This was in a TOH cokbook, and we really liked it.
Top Review by foodtrekker guy
I loved these, I did though make a few changes, I cut the sugar buy not quite a third-didnt glaze them, used walnuts instead of maccas, added some spice-cinnamon and a pinch of cayene which gave a lovely pleaseant after warmth!
- 10 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 12 caramels
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl; cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add egg.
- Mix together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons on greased sheets.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Melt caramels and cream.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.