Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a wonderful frosting for a chocolate cake, almost like German Chocolate Frosting but with a twist. My kids will eat this before I can put it on cupcakes or spiced cakes.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, such as hersheys
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter, cocoa and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until thick, approximately 12 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat, and add coconut and macadamia nuts. Continue to stir until cool and thick enough to spread on your cake.
- This frosting will cover a 9x13 inch rectangular cake or a two 8 inch layer round cake or 24 cupcakes.