Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Macadamia Nuts were well-known to the indigenous inhabitants of Australia, and were first discovered by early white settlers in 1828. This now immensely popular Bush Nut is found in many Australian recipes. These Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownies can be eaten straight away or made up to a week before required. Keep covered in the refrigerator or perhaps, if you want them to still be where you've put them in a week's time, hidden. Adapted from a recipe on the "Australian Women's Weekly" website.
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 90 g semisweet dark chocolate squares, chopped coarsely
- 90 g milk chocolate pieces, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup raw brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped coarsely
- Preheat the oven to moderate.
- Grease a deep 19cm-square cake pan, and cover the base with baking paper.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a pan and stir over a low heat until both have melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sugar and honey.
- Stir in the lightly beaten eggs.
- Sift the flour.
- Add the sifted flour and the nuts and gently fold into the mixture until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes - or until the brownies are firm.
- Cool the brownies in the pan, and cut into squares when cold.
Awesome! Made these as directed other then I used Splenda brown sugar instead of raw brown sugar as that is all I buy. Everyone enjoyed these. Made for ZWT5.
Fudgey and intensely chocolate, it is hard to imagine anything could make these brownies better, but the little surprises in each bite of the crunchy macadamias was just heavenly. I did make these with Splenda brown sugar blend to cut the carbs, but I didn't notice anything untoward from using that. But most of all, these are the best brownies I have tried on Zaar, and I have been here for seven years. That's real high praise, and very much deserved. Thanks for sharing. Reviewed by a Saucy Senorita for ZWT5.
These are sooooo good!!!! And they were such a nice surprise to welcome my hubby home!! :) Rich and decadent! What could one more want?! AWESOME!!! :) Made for the ZWT5!