Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this in the paper's Relish insert and it sounded good so here it is!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
Caramel and Chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels or 1 1⁄2 cups bittersweet chocolate, morsals
- 1. Prehead over to 230°F Grease a 13-by-9 in baking pan.
- 2. T prepare the crust, combine flour and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process about 10 seconds to combine thoroughly. Add butter and process until mixture is crumbly, about 30 seconds. Transfer crumbs to prepared pan and press firmly to make a compact layer. Scatter nuts evenly over crust and press thm in firmly.
- 3. To prepare the caramel layer, melt butter in a heavy medium size saucepan over low heat. Add brown sugar and stir well until thoroughly combined and smooth. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, until entire surface of caramel is bubbly. Immediately pour hot caramel over nuts and spread evenly with back of a metal spoon. Bake 18-20 minutes or until caramel is bubbly.
- 4. Remove pan from oven. Wait 1 minute: sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over caramel. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes for chocolate to melt. Spread chocolate evenly with spatula or back of a metal spoon. Cool completely, then refrigerate 30 minutes to set. Cut into bars with a sharp knife. Makes 36 bars.