7 hrs 25 mins
Let's see, Mexican, Hawaiian, South American - lots of influences in this dessert. It's rich enough to serve in the winter, but cool enough to serve in the summer, so make it whenever you like. The time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
"8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Freeze 2/3 cup butter.
- 2Blend the frozen butter in a food processor with flour, salt, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- 3Add the yolk, 2 tsp cream, and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- 4Chill 2 hours.
- 5Roll into a circle and place in a chilled tart pan or cake pan (8 inch).
- 6Freeze crust for 15 minutes.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 8Mix 1/4 cup butter with 1/2 cup sugar.
- 9Boil until caramelized.
- 10Stir in 1/4 cup cream and 1/2 cup macadamia nuts.
- 11Pour into the crust and freeze.
- 12Heat 1/4 cup cream and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- 13Stir in sour cream.
- 14Beat the remaining 1 cup of cream with the remaining sugar (2 tbs) and vanilla (1/2 tsp).
- 15Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- 16Spread chocolate over caramel layer.
- 17Top with remaining cream and garnish with chocolate curls and remaining nuts (1/4 cup).
- 18Chill 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Macadamia Flan Tart
Serving Size: 1 (1408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5990.6
- Calories from Fat 4343
- Total Fat 482.6 g
- Saturated Fat 265.0 g
- Cholesterol 1255.5 mg
- Sodium 2738.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 417.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.8 g
- Sugars 222.7 g
- Protein 55.6 g