Recipe by cooking_geek
Bet you can't just eat one!
Top Review by Annetty
These are lovely, nice & crunchie just how I like my biscuits (cookies). Followed directs exactly, I added the choc chips, left overnight in the fridge, rolled and baked in the morning. The first tray I cooked for 20min and the cookies had burnt bottoms (so they went to work with me the next day as samples - everyone enjoyed them), so the next couple of trays I only baked for 15 mins - Perfect!! Great Cookie, thanks for submitting VirginaGeek.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped macadamia nuts (or if you are in a pinch peanuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Chill dough for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place nuts in a shallow bowl.
- Using a tablespoon, form dough into balls; roll balls in nuts to coat.
- Place 1" apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Using the bottom of a glass, flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.