Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious treat to warm your heart! Make sure the butter is at room temperature for easy creaming. Pour melted chocolate in a snap-lock bag. Snip off the corner and use as piping bag, if you don't have one.
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 50 g melted dark chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- Lightly grease and line three baking trays.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together until pale and creamy.
- Sift flour and soda together.
- Fold through creamed mixture.
- Mix in chocolates and finely chopped chocolate.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of mixture in balls, arrange two inches apart, flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden, cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks, to completely cool.
- Drizzle melted chocolate, using piping bag, set aside until firm, store in airtight container, for up to 7 days.