Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix (any favorite flavor may be used)
- 1 cup milk (I use a little less than 21/2 cups for a firmer filling)
- Mix butter and flour together then add the ground nuts ( save a few for the toping). Pat into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350:.
- In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together, stir in 1/2 of the cool whip.
- Spread this mixture over cooled crust. Beat the pudding with milk and spread over the cream cheese. Top with the rest of the cool whip, sprinkle with the reserved nuts.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Sometimes I drizzle melted chocolate or chocolate ice cream topping over the top, makes it look even more rich.
Why won't my cream cheese layer spread without messing up the crust layer!!! Ugh!
Because of a diabetic in our family I tend to change a lot of recipes. For this I used 1/4 c organic stevia, (the equivalent of 1/2 c sugar) and everyone went crazy for it. If you're like me love a little sweetness without overdoing it try this change.
This is a MUST HAVE for our Thanksgiving menu. We all love it !