Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix (any favorite flavor may be used)
- 1 cup milk (I use a little less than 21/2 cups for a firmer filling)
- Mix butter and flour together then add the ground nuts ( save a few for the toping). Pat into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350:.
- In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together, stir in 1/2 of the cool whip.
- Spread this mixture over cooled crust. Beat the pudding with milk and spread over the cream cheese. Top with the rest of the cool whip, sprinkle with the reserved nuts.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Sometimes I drizzle melted chocolate or chocolate ice cream topping over the top, makes it look even more rich.
Because of a diabetic in our family I tend to change a lot of recipes. For this I used 1/4 c organic stevia, (the equivalent of 1/2 c sugar) and everyone went crazy for it. If you're like me love a little sweetness without overdoing it try this change.
This is a MUST HAVE for our Thanksgiving menu. We all love it !
This is YUMMMY!!!!! A perfect treat for chocolate lovers all over the globe!