Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tried to make a protein bar from an internet recipe, but decided to morph it into cookies. They are pretty good, especially if you're sick of shakes on Atkins or Eating for Life or some diet like that. Very low carbs and lots of protein!
- 314.66 ml chocolate protein powder
- 44.37 ml soy flour
- 59.14 ml butter
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 177.44 ml vanilla-flavored soymilk (or skim milk if you prefer)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 44.37 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 118.29 ml walnuts or 118.29 ml almonds (optional)
- Melt butter and cream cheese in microwave Add Splenda and stir until smooth Mix in remaining ingredients Add nuts, if using. Bake at 325 for 9-11 minutes.
I would have given this recipe a 3, but since I made a couple of substitutions I gave it a 4 to be fair. I followed directions except instead of vanilla soymilk I used heavy cream and 1 tsp vanilla, I also added about 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon for a kind of mexican chocolate flavor. The protein powder I used was EAS 100% whey protein. I tried the batter before I baked it and it was NASTY. Smelled and tasted like hot electronics. But I baked it anyway and the cookies are actually fairly good. The only complaint I have about the finished product is that they are VERY dry and require chugging some water after I eat one. Not a bad thing though as I am on Atkins and need lots of water. In any case, thank you for the recipe!
This is a great recipe! Keep in mind that not all protein powders taste the same so you might need to make adjustments depending on taste preferences. I added a little sugar free chocolate syrup and a scoop of peanut butter, worked great!