Recipe by TheSimpleLife
This is another of my family's favorite candy recipes that I always make for Thanksgiving and Christmas. These are so simple and easy to make but taste like you have slaved in the kitchen. These make great gifts, too!
Top Review by dijimbiggs
I've been looking for this recipe for years. I believe the original recipe came from a GH magazine in the 70's. Somehow the kids (when they were kids) lost the recipe. I've found similar ones, but they were always missing something. Hopefully this one will is the same one.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 baker's unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring to a boil, stirring for 1 minute, butter, chocolate, sugar and milk. Remove from heat.
- Add nuts, coconut, vanilla, oats and peanut butter, mixing well.
- Let mixture cool enough to handle. Roll walnut-sized balls and place on wax paper to finish setting up.
- Store in a covered container at room temp or in the refrigerator, if you prefer cold candy.
- These can be made 1-2 weeks in advance as they keep well.