Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another of my family's favorite candy recipes that I always make for Thanksgiving and Christmas. These are so simple and easy to make but taste like you have slaved in the kitchen. These make great gifts, too!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 baker's unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Bring to a boil, stirring for 1 minute, butter, chocolate, sugar and milk. Remove from heat.
- Add nuts, coconut, vanilla, oats and peanut butter, mixing well.
- Let mixture cool enough to handle. Roll walnut-sized balls and place on wax paper to finish setting up.
- Store in a covered container at room temp or in the refrigerator, if you prefer cold candy.
- These can be made 1-2 weeks in advance as they keep well.
I've been looking for this recipe for years. I believe the original recipe came from a GH magazine in the 70's. Somehow the kids (when they were kids) lost the recipe. I've found similar ones, but they were always missing something. Hopefully this one will is the same one.
These were so easy to make so good to eat!! I saw my grown daughter hiding from her children today so she could eat the last two. I will be making these again soon and wouldn't change a thing.