Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe off of a package of Toll House cocoa powder. It tastes great and is easy to make!
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 5 -6 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, 2 tbsp milk and vanilla extract in a small mixer bowl until creamy.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar and milk until smooth.
This was so good and easy to make. I think next time, and there will be a next, I will cream the butter with the powdered sugar first because I had a cocoa powder cloud when I turned on the mixer. MMMmmm.
This is our absolute favorite recipe for chocolate frosting! I lost our copy and I'm glad that I found the recipe here. Thanks!