Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Rich & delicious.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large bowl, beat first 6 ingredients till well blended (mixture will be thick). Stir in chocolate. chips.
- Pour into greased 9 or 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes.
- (test with a toothpick) Cool in pan 5 minutes, remove and cool on rack completely before serving.
- Note: Can be dusted with powdered sugar or topped with a chocolate or vanilla glaze.
This cake has in the year since I first made it become required for me to be invited to a family function. It is decadent but not overly sweet. It stays moist and I find that I like a bit more of the almond extract. For birthdays a basic cream cheese frosting compliments it perfectly. Thank you for posting this recipe.
Another winner from Marg. Your recipes never disappoint. I made this as an extra to take to a baby shower that I attended. The guests went crazy for this delicious cake. It was wonderful, moist, tender, rich, light, fluffy and very tasty. I used a chocolate ganache to frost this treat and found that it didn't need anything else. Thanks for sharing another wonderful chocolate cake recipe.
My friends never would have guessed i had not spent hours on this cake. I grew up eating something similar with strawberries and ganache