Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Rich & delicious.
Top Review by Pipergdm
This cake has in the year since I first made it become required for me to be invited to a family function. It is decadent but not overly sweet. It stays moist and I find that I like a bit more of the almond extract. For birthdays a basic cream cheese frosting compliments it perfectly. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, beat first 6 ingredients till well blended (mixture will be thick). Stir in chocolate. chips.
- Pour into greased 9 or 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes.
- (test with a toothpick) Cool in pan 5 minutes, remove and cool on rack completely before serving.
- Note: Can be dusted with powdered sugar or topped with a chocolate or vanilla glaze.