1/2 Photos of Chocolate Lover's Dream Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
My husband brought this recipe home. He had copied it out of a recipe book at work. He has never done this before so I had to make it. We have made it twice in two weeks. It is really chocolatey and rich so be prepared. I have never used the glaze recipe, I just find a chocolate frosting recipe here on 'Zaar. I would like to try it with peanut butter frosting. This is a big cake so make sure to measure your pan and make sure it will hold 12 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box fudge cake mix
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350degrees. Generously spray a 12 cup fluted tube cake pan(bundt) with baking spray with flour. In a large bowl mix cake mix, chocolate milk, butter, eggs, sour cream and dry pudding mix with a spoon until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and then spoon the batter into the pan. The batter will be very thick.
- 2Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn it out onto a heatproof serving platter or onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- 3In a 3 quart saucepan heat the glaze ingredients over low heat. Stir frequently until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Drizzle the warm glaze over the cake. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Lover's Dream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.4
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 452.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g