Recipe by Margie99
My husband brought this recipe home. He had copied it out of a recipe book at work. He has never done this before so I had to make it. We have made it twice in two weeks. It is really chocolatey and rich so be prepared. I have never used the glaze recipe, I just find a chocolate frosting recipe here on 'Zaar. I would like to try it with peanut butter frosting. This is a big cake so make sure to measure your pan and make sure it will hold 12 cups.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
WOW! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Lots & lots of it! It was an absolute pleasure making this cake, almost as great a pleasure as it was eating it, & believe me, the 2 of us had a hard time sharing this with anyone else! I followed the recipe right on down & have no intention of changing a thing the next time I make it! A wonderful keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 (18 ounce) box fudge cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350degrees. Generously spray a 12 cup fluted tube cake pan(bundt) with baking spray with flour. In a large bowl mix cake mix, chocolate milk, butter, eggs, sour cream and dry pudding mix with a spoon until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and then spoon the batter into the pan. The batter will be very thick.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn it out onto a heatproof serving platter or onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- In a 3 quart saucepan heat the glaze ingredients over low heat. Stir frequently until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Drizzle the warm glaze over the cake. Store loosely covered at room temperature.