Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
My husband brought this recipe home. He had copied it out of a recipe book at work. He has never done this before so I had to make it. We have made it twice in two weeks. It is really chocolatey and rich so be prepared. I have never used the glaze recipe, I just find a chocolate frosting recipe here on 'Zaar. I would like to try it with peanut butter frosting. This is a big cake so make sure to measure your pan and make sure it will hold 12 cups.
- 1 (18 ounce) box fudge cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 350degrees. Generously spray a 12 cup fluted tube cake pan(bundt) with baking spray with flour. In a large bowl mix cake mix, chocolate milk, butter, eggs, sour cream and dry pudding mix with a spoon until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and then spoon the batter into the pan. The batter will be very thick.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn it out onto a heatproof serving platter or onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- In a 3 quart saucepan heat the glaze ingredients over low heat. Stir frequently until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Drizzle the warm glaze over the cake. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
WOW! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Lots & lots of it! It was an absolute pleasure making this cake, almost as great a pleasure as it was eating it, & believe me, the 2 of us had a hard time sharing this with anyone else! I followed the recipe right on down & have no intention of changing a thing the next time I make it! A wonderful keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
What a delicious pudding cake! Extremely moist and dense and tons of chocolate flavor. Made today for DH's birthday (he's a chocoholic). We really enjoyed it. Next time I will add some chopped pecans for a little crunch. This took 75 minutes to bake, but probably my oven is off. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Definitely a very rich and chocolaty cake, yum!!! I made this exactly as written with the exception of using plain 2% milk. I must have missed a spot when spraying the pan with Pam and a small area stuck on the inside, so I did sample the cake. I plan to serve this for dessert tonite, along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I also am planning to freeze half of the cake, too much for us at one time. Thanks for sharing this wonderful rich and moist cake!! Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.