Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich and chocolaty, these brownies satisfy even the most hardcore chocolate lover. These are always the first thing to sell out at a bake sale! Great with a glass of cold milk. Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8” square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl stir together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt stirring just until blended.
- Mix in half of the walnuts, if desired.
- Spread mixture and sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until top appears dry and center is set.
- Cool brownies in pan on wire rack.
- To wrap, cut brownies into squares.
- NOTE: To toast walnuts, spread on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- My dh has also added chocolate chips to the batter with WONDERFUL results!
FYI- DO NOT USE OIL! Either use the butter/margarine it calls out for or use Vegetable Shortening. Very important!! These were the tastiest, most delicious homemade brownies I have made. I have tried several throughout this site and others and they have never given me that chocolatey taste or that fudge-like texture. I'm vegan so I had to use an egg replacer and I used vegetable shortening instead of the butter. I will be making these again. Thanks!
Mmmm mmm MMM!!! This is the BEST brownie recipe I have ever made y'all! It was quick to do! The only thing I had an issue with was that mine took 35 minutes to be ready, but i did use "I can't believe it's not butter" so maybe that had something to do with it! These brownies have a slightly crunchy top, and a chewy DELICIOUS center! I will be for sure making this one again!
Easy to make. Baked mine for about 25 minutes.