Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another recipe from Kraft's 2004 calendar. If you love chocolate and cheesecake, you're sure to love this.
- 18 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebaker semisweet chocolate, melted,and cooled slightly
- 3 eggs
- Mix crushed cookies and butter; press firmly onto the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each egg is added, just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 45- 50 minutes or until the centre is almost set.
- (If you're using a dark non stick springform pan, bake at 325 degrees F. for 45- 50 minutes).
- Run knife or metal spatula around the side of the pan to loosen the cake.
- Cool before removing side of pan.
- Refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- For a more decorative cheesecake, you can dust the entire surface of the cake with cocoa powder using a wire mesh strainer.
- For Valentine's Day, make a heart shaped designed by topping the dusted cheesecake with a heart shaped stencil and sprinkle with icing (powdered) sugar.