Recipe by Little Bee
This is an absolute favorite of ours when we need a Chocolate fix!
Top Review by fame26
I made this for my chocolate loving son's birthday, but was very disappointed with the results. I ended up having to bake the cake for about 80 minutes. Sorry, but we just found this TOO moist, like the cake wasn't baked enough. I sprayed the pan well, as suggested but even after leaving it to cool for almost three hours, I still had part of the cake stuck to the pan.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes,warm water, sour cream, melted butter, and beaten eggs.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a 12 cup Bundt pan, sprayed well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake 20 minutes invert and remove from pan.
- You can top with a dusting of powdered sugar when cake cools if desired.