Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an absolute favorite of ours when we need a Chocolate fix!
Make and share this Chocolate Lover's Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes,warm water, sour cream, melted butter, and beaten eggs.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a 12 cup Bundt pan, sprayed well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake 20 minutes invert and remove from pan.
- You can top with a dusting of powdered sugar when cake cools if desired.
I made this for my chocolate loving son's birthday, but was very disappointed with the results. I ended up having to bake the cake for about 80 minutes. Sorry, but we just found this TOO moist, like the cake wasn't baked enough. I sprayed the pan well, as suggested but even after leaving it to cool for almost three hours, I still had part of the cake stuck to the pan.
I have made this cake only i added chopped pecans and chocolate chips in the mix and on top as a decoration , the cake was wonderful, almost like a brownie cake. I used two 8 inch pans and made it into a layer cake. I will make this again and again, It was very gooood!!!
Fabulous! I used both semisweet and bittersweet morsels, and substituted vanilla pudding for chocolate pudding as that was that I had on hand. I baked it about 10 minutes longer than called for, but I used a stoneware bundt pan, which takes a bit longer to get hot. The cake came out of the pan beautifully, and a little dusting of powdered sugar was all it needed to finish it off. My husband gives it two thumbs up!