Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Sometimes only chocolate will do! Another amazing recipe from the little town of Burton! From my very worn copy of Burton's Good Ole Cotton Pickin' Recipes cookbook.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first three ingredients and add sour cream, oil and water. Mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan and tap or bump the pan to get rid of any bubbles or air pockets.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost as desired or shake a little powdered sugar on top.