Sometimes only chocolate will do! Another amazing recipe from the little town of Burton! From my very worn copy of Burton's Good Ole Cotton Pickin' Recipes cookbook.
- Combine first three ingredients and add sour cream, oil and water. Mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan and tap or bump the pan to get rid of any bubbles or air pockets.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost as desired or shake a little powdered sugar on top.
Nice chocolate cake and EASY! If you want to bake a friend a cake--this is an excellent choice! Easy for a beginner or one with short time. Thanks for a delicious cake!
Excellent! I used fat free sour cream, as that is what I usually have around, and it worked out wonderfully. I sprinkled the top with a mixture of unsweetened cocoa powder and powdered sugar. I made it as a birthday cake for a chocolate lover, and it is practically gone, even with a second dessert being there! Thanks for sharing!
Oh my! What a yummy and easy to make cake. I followed the directions exactly except that I used sugar free pudding. I made a simple chocolate glaze for ontop. We all love this chocolatey heaven. Thanks Mama. Made for Bevy tag 2008.