Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Sometimes only chocolate will do! Another amazing recipe from the little town of Burton! From my very worn copy of Burton's Good Ole Cotton Pickin' Recipes cookbook.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Combine first three ingredients and add sour cream, oil and water. Mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan and tap or bump the pan to get rid of any bubbles or air pockets.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost as desired or shake a little powdered sugar on top.
Nice chocolate cake and EASY! If you want to bake a friend a cake--this is an excellent choice! Easy for a beginner or one with short time. Thanks for a delicious cake!
Excellent! I used fat free sour cream, as that is what I usually have around, and it worked out wonderfully. I sprinkled the top with a mixture of unsweetened cocoa powder and powdered sugar. I made it as a birthday cake for a chocolate lover, and it is practically gone, even with a second dessert being there! Thanks for sharing!
Oh my! What a yummy and easy to make cake. I followed the directions exactly except that I used sugar free pudding. I made a simple chocolate glaze for ontop. We all love this chocolatey heaven. Thanks Mama. Made for Bevy tag 2008.