1/3 Photos of Chocolate Lovers Bundt Cake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from Tast of Home, I've made a lot of chocolate bundts from a cake mix but I wanted one that was from scratch. It almost like a chocolate pound cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz container)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- 3Stir in extracts.
- 4Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda in a small bowl, add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 5Beat just until combined, do not over mix.
- 6Stir in chocolate chips.
- 7Pour into a well greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- 8Bake at 325 for 75-90 minutes or until cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool for ten minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10Run a metal spatula or butter knife around sides of pan to loosen cake first.
- 11Combine the chocolate chips, cream and butter in a saucepan.
- 12Cook; stir constantly over low heat until smooth.
- 13Cool slightly.
- 14Gradually whisk in confectioners sugar.
- 15Stir in extract.
- 16Drizzle over cake and sprinkle with almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Lovers Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.0
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.8 mg
- Sodium 264.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 81.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g