Recipe by Pumpkie
This recipe is from Tast of Home, I've made a lot of chocolate bundts from a cake mix but I wanted one that was from scratch. It almost like a chocolate pound cake.
Top Review by bakinupastorm
This is a great recipe!
Made a couple of tiny changes to xmas it up a bit...
changed the almond extract to peppermint extract, glazed with a mint chocolate glaze and sprinkled crushed candy canes on the glaze before it set to make this a xmas recipe- Yummy! and pretty
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz container)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Stir in extracts.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda in a small bowl, add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Beat just until combined, do not over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 for 75-90 minutes or until cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for ten minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Run a metal spatula or butter knife around sides of pan to loosen cake first.
- Combine the chocolate chips, cream and butter in a saucepan.
- Cook; stir constantly over low heat until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Gradually whisk in confectioners sugar.
- Stir in extract.
- Drizzle over cake and sprinkle with almonds.