Recipe by Sharon123
I have put up Ina Garten's recipe from Barefoot in London for White Chocolate Lollipops, but also variations for dark chocolate from the chocolate shop in London where she got the idea. Enjoy! You will need lollipop stick or popsicle sticks.
- 16 ounces very good white chocolate, finely chopped (or use semi sweet, milk chocolate, or dark)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries (can use candied orange peel, candied ginger, dried cranberries, apricots, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup salted roasted cashews (or try roasted almonds, toasted sesame seeds, walnuts, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a sheet of non-stick silicone or parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Place 12 ounces of the white chocolate(or other chocolate) in a heat-proof glass bowl and put it in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. (Time it with your watch for accuracy.) Stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula, return it to the microwave for another 30 seconds, then stir again. Continue to heat and stir in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is just melted. Immediately stir in the remaining 4 ounces of chocolate and allow it to sit at room temperature, stirring often, until it's completely smooth. (If you need to heat it a little more, place it in the microwave for another 15 seconds.).
- Using a tablespoon, pour the melted chocolate in rounds onto the silicone and place lollipop sticks in the middle of each chocolate round, giving the stick a little twist. Sprinkle the tops of the lollipops evenly with the cherries and cashews(or other options). Set aside to harden. Enjoy!