Recipe by mande237
OMG these are one of the best chocolate recipes you will ever taste. My grandma really was a genius when it came to yummy christmas cooking.
- 150 g milk chocolate
- 200 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 tablespoons rum extract
- 150 g chocolate sponge cake
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 100 g glace cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in microwave. Be careful not to burn it.
- Soften the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix in the rum essence.
- Crumble the cake and add to the cheese mixture. Mix in well. Add the melted chocolate and mix inches.
- Chop the glace cherries into quarters and add these and the walnuts to the mixing bowl.
- Mix everything in really well. Should be a nice creamy consistency.
- Slightly wet hands and roll mixture either into logs or balls. If making balls do not make them too big as mixture is very rich.
- Coat balls/logs in coconut. Refridgerate in an airtight container until set.
- Balls/logs can be freezed and will last for a fair while.
- If you have made logs, slice them into bite size pieces when you serve them.