Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Recipe courtesy ChrisAnn Brunsmann as seen on Grill It! with Bobby Flay. Found on Food Network, posting for ZWT.
- 3 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate (71 percent cacao)
- 1 australian lobster tail
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 jicama, sliced
- 5 spring onions
- 1 poblano pepper
- 8 small flour tortillas
Chipotle grilled corn creme
- 1⁄2 ear white corn
- olive oil
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chipotle chili sauce, from can
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mexican smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a small skillet on medium heat until very crispy. Remove from pan and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat the chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave until just melted. Dip bacon into the chocolate and let dry on waxed paper. Once dry, break into small bite-sized bits.
- Split the lobster tail in half and brush with olive oil and salt. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes and transfer to a cutting board. Pull the flesh from shell, chop into bite-sized chunks and add to a medium bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice jicama. Brush with olive oil and salt and grill about 2 minutes or until grill marks appear. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
- Trim ends of spring onions. Brush with olive oil and salt and grill for 3 to 4 minutes Transfer to a cutting board and chop.
- Grill the poblano for 5 to 7 minutes or until almost soft. Do not burn. Remove to a cutting board, peel and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Chipotle grilled corn creme:.
- Peel corn and brush with olive oil. Grill until browned on all sides, turning occasionally, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat to a cutting board and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, slice off the kernels with a knife.
- In a food processor, add the chipotle peppers and sauce, the grilled corn, sour cream, buttermilk, smoked paprika, sugar, and salt, to taste and pulse until smooth.
- Warm the flour tortillas on a pan or on the grill about 1 minute on each side.
- Layer each tortilla with lobster, jicama, green onion, poblano pepper, chipotle grilled corn creme, and chocolate bacon. Serve on a platter or individual plates and enjoy!