Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe courtesy ChrisAnn Brunsmann as seen on Grill It! with Bobby Flay. Found on Food Network, posting for ZWT.
- 3 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate (71 percent cacao)
- 1 australian lobster tail
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 jicama, sliced
- 5 spring onions
- 1 poblano pepper
- 8 small flour tortillas
Chipotle grilled corn creme
- 1⁄2 ear white corn
- olive oil
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chipotle chili sauce, from can
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mexican smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Cook bacon in a small skillet on medium heat until very crispy. Remove from pan and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat the chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave until just melted. Dip bacon into the chocolate and let dry on waxed paper. Once dry, break into small bite-sized bits.
- Split the lobster tail in half and brush with olive oil and salt. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes and transfer to a cutting board. Pull the flesh from shell, chop into bite-sized chunks and add to a medium bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice jicama. Brush with olive oil and salt and grill about 2 minutes or until grill marks appear. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
- Trim ends of spring onions. Brush with olive oil and salt and grill for 3 to 4 minutes Transfer to a cutting board and chop.
- Grill the poblano for 5 to 7 minutes or until almost soft. Do not burn. Remove to a cutting board, peel and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Chipotle grilled corn creme:.
- Peel corn and brush with olive oil. Grill until browned on all sides, turning occasionally, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat to a cutting board and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, slice off the kernels with a knife.
- In a food processor, add the chipotle peppers and sauce, the grilled corn, sour cream, buttermilk, smoked paprika, sugar, and salt, to taste and pulse until smooth.
- Warm the flour tortillas on a pan or on the grill about 1 minute on each side.
- Layer each tortilla with lobster, jicama, green onion, poblano pepper, chipotle grilled corn creme, and chocolate bacon. Serve on a platter or individual plates and enjoy!