Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are the next level of brownies. Some suggestions for the liqueur are Kahlua, frangelico, amaretto, kirschwasser, sherry (verry good), strawberry brandy and butterscotch schnapps.
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons favorite liqueur
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (walnuts)
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit. Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler and let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs until light. Add the sugar gradually. When all the sugar is beaten in, add the chocolate mixture, flour sifted with salt, and then the vanilla.
- Beat for one full minute. Pour into a greased and lightly floured 10 X 14 pan. Bake 25 minutes and let cool.
- Beat the butter and sugar together, adding the cream and liqueur gradually. when light and fluffy, add the nuts and mix well. Spread over the base and chill in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate chips, water and butter over the bouble boiler. Mix well. Dribble over the filling. Smooth gently with a spatula. Let harden before cutting into 1-2 inch squares.