1/3 Photos of Chocolate Liqueur
336 hrs 10 mins
Use this whenever Godiva Chocolate Liqueur or Creme de Cacao is called for in a recipe. Personally, I would rinse the vanilla bean & add it to the jar of strained liqueur.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, water, and cocoa in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, just until sugar and cocoa are completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 2Pour into a clean 2-quart glass container. Stir in vodka and vanilla bean. Cover tightly; keep in a cool, dark place for 14 days, shaking container thoroughly every 2 days.
- 3Strain liqueur through a moist paper coffee filter into a clean glass container. Straining will take a couple of hours as residue is very thick. Change filter halfway through. If residue remains, strain again immediately.
- 4Cover tightly; let liqueur age in cool, dark place at least 1 month.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Liqueur
Serving Size: 1 (1172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2763.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 315.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 299.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: