Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A recipe I'm saving for Christmas cookies this year. Apricot jam can be substituted for raspberry jam.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting cookie tops
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, sugar and almonds.
- Toss lightly with a fork, add butter pieces.
- Gather into a ball.
- Wrap securely in plastic wrap and chill 4 to 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On lightly floured surface roll out half of dough.
- Cut put rounds using a 3-inch round biscuit cutter.
- With the remaining half of dough cut out rounds with the same cutter, but also cut a smaller circle(about3/4-inch) in the center, using a bottle cap.
- Place both batches on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely.
- Spread plain cookies with jam and cover with a cookie with a whole in the center.
- Sprinkle tops with confectioners' sugar.