1/1 Photo of Chocolate Lemon Truffles
4 hrs 40 mins
Perfectionist cook's Note:
These are rich and delicious but easy to make with simple ingredients. I got these from my cousin Maria who rolled them in chocolate sprinkles but I prefer them dipped in melted chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan and mix with lemon zest and cognac.
- 2Finely crush biscuits and mix in a large bowl with sugar and cocoa.
- 3Warm up milk to lukewarm and add to bowl with dry ingredients.
- 4Immediately add the butter mixture and combine well.
- 5Allow to firm up for at least 4 hours, or place in deep freeze for 30 minutes.
- 6Roll into small balls and place on foil-lined tray. Keep cold.
- 7Melt chocolate in a double boiler and dip each ball in and allow chocolate to set.
- 8You can roll these in chocolate sprinkles, crushed walnuts, cocoa powder or whatever else you like.
- 9They last a week in the fridge in a sealed container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Lemon Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 111.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of