Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Beautiful candies--great for giving as gifts or just to keep for yourself.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 12 (2 ounce) baking chocolate squares
- 2 (2 ounce) vanilla candy coating, squares (optional)
- Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; cover. Freeze 2 hours.
- Shape cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls, and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate candy coating in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Dip balls into coating; place on wax paper. Let stand until firm.
- Place vanilla coating in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and submerge coating in warm water until melted. Snip a hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle coating over chocolates, if desired.