Recipe by FLUFFSTER
"A jazzed-up chocolate cake mix forms the layers that sandwich is a lemony cream cheese center in these bars." From Taste of Home by: Renee Schwebach
Top Review by mbfans
Made this today and WOW is it good. Even those that aren't real wild about lemon flavors enjoyed it. Finished looks much more difficult to make than it actually was. THANKS for sharing!!
- 517.37 g package devil's food cake mix
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 9.85-14.78 ml grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg on low speed until combined. Stir in walnuts. Set aside 1 cup for topping. press the remaining mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, egg, lemon juice and peel until blended. Pour over the crust. Crumble reserved cake mixture over the top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until set. Cool completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.