1 hr 10 mins
From "perfect endings"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied fruit, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1Sift the flour, cinnamon, cloves, seeds, baking soda and powder together and set aside.
- 2Bring sugar, honey and water to boil in saucepan over moderate heat.
- 3Stir the chocolate, walnuts, fruit, eggs, and orange juice into honey mixture until blended.
- 4Blend the flour mixture in gradually.
- 5Store dough in tightly covered dish, at room temperature, for 3 days, to ripen.
- 6Preheat oven to 325°F
- 7Spread dough in greased 15" x 10" X 1" pan and bake at 325 F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 8Cool. Wrap in foil and store till ready to use. (This keeps very well for weeks and improves in flavor on storing).
- 9When ready to use, unwrap, and sust with confectioners' sugar. Cut in 3" x 1" bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Lebkuchen
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 36.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: