Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simply yummy and so very creative!
Make and share this Chocolate Leaves - Leaves you wanting for more:) recipe from Food.com.
- Break the chocolate into pieces.
- Keep aside in a bowl.
- Heat water in a pan.
- Place the bowl with chocolate in it making sure that water does not spill into the bowl.
- Double boil it until the chocolate melts.
- Line a tray with grease-proof paper.
- Gently dip the back of each bay leaf in the chocolate and place it on the tray with the chocolate side of the leaf on top.
- Chill the leaves for 30 minutes and peel off the bay leaves to make yum chocolate leaves.
Actually, you can use any type of edible leaves, as long as they are big enough to handle--clean them first, of course. Before you coat them with chocolate, though, you need to remember two keys to success for making chocolate leaves. First, only add chocolate to the backs of the leaves, not the tops. Secondly, you MUST grease the leaves lightly with shortening or cooking spray so that the chocolate will peel off easily. Peel the leaves off of the chocolate, rather than vice versa.
Very cool indeed!